Thursday, September 22, 2011

After many years as an accountant, I'm interested in changing careers. My passion is emergency preparedness.

I live in NH. I also am not looking to go back to college for a 4 year degree. Any ideas how to make the transition, besides the obvious %26quot;talk to people in the field%26quot;?After many years as an accountant, I%26039;m interested in changing careers. My passion is emergency preparedness.
Look into your local CERT programs - that's a great way to get involved in your community and perhaps open some doors to the career you are looking for.



https://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/index.After many years as an accountant, I%26039;m interested in changing careers. My passion is emergency preparedness.
Maybe you could become a wilderness EMTAfter many years as an accountant, I%26039;m interested in changing careers. My passion is emergency preparedness.
I also have a MS in Accounting. I want OUT of this profession, probably more than you do.



I am looking to get into IT/programming. I am getting MSE certified. I'm reading everything on programming (obviously this stuff changes on a monthly basis). And I'm only looking at IT jobs. I also volunteer at my church on IT intensive projects (great %26quot;networking%26quot; - ha, no pun intended).After many years as an accountant, I%26039;m interested in changing careers. My passion is emergency preparedness.
If you understand what you are asking, then you know that the obvious is the

only answer. The need for school is not what is required. Your skills has

prepared you for detail work.



Detail is what make the difference between an emergency handled well and

a botch job. It the people behind the sceen that make the emergency become

a no brainer. I am assuming this what you want to do; I am sure that all

READINESS groups are looking for people that are willing to put the brain

power to the task of possible emergencies.



The skill of knowing about sources that are available outside of the

immediate area is a big bonus to the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment