Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I get a job in insurance investigations?

I have a college degree and over 5 years law enforcement experience. Im looking to change careers but continue doing investigations. Does anyone know how to find these jobs?How do I get a job in insurance investigations?
The previous answerers have given you good leads, but I do want to add more options.



Have you ever considered pursuing a career with your state's insurance commissioner's office? There are several types of investigations done by these commissions, such as insurance fraud investigator, complaint investigator, market conduct investigator, etc.



The pay is not great. However, once you've gotten several years' experience under your belt, a private insurer will pay A LOT to hire you. I've seen some of my investigators leave for $65k-$75k jobs after only two or three years.



To search for these jobs, go to your state insurance commissioner's web site. Sometimes, though, these jobs will be listed on the state web site, instead of the agency site, so look in both places.How do I get a job in insurance investigations?
Look on greatinsurancejobs.com



A job in an insurance company SIU unit can be rewarding and can pay more then law enforcement after awhile. It can be hard to get to an insurance company, but most of them love hiring ex-cops and ex-FBI people.



Be prepared for tons of office politics, overnight travel, crooked insureds, claimants, agents lawyers etc.



Also, be warned that insurance companies like to %26quot;downsize%26quot; so the job stability may not be there long term. Choose carefully and good luck.How do I get a job in insurance investigations?
get a license to be a private investigator in your home state and other states will probably reciprocate. Learn the insurance claims process. Market yourself to insurance companies and independent adjusters as a claims investigator, get a web site, some business cards and get out and do it. Here is the link for California, if you are not in Cali... too bad and search for something similar in your state. You can do it!!!!!How do I get a job in insurance investigations?
Have you tried monster jobs.com?

Do you know any attys? See if they know any adjusters you could talk too.

I went to work for an atty. with a soul, and I love it.

Send your resume to the big ins. companies

If you have an insurance agent set down and talk to him

Have you thought about going to work for D.A.?

And you may also try private exclusive securityHow do I get a job in insurance investigations?
I fell into my jon as an adjuster.. I started as a grunt in the claims department.. Then asked to go on a rife along on an arson case.. Fell in love woith in.. I 've worked the Oakland Fires, Oklahoma City Bombing, Northridge Riots, Oklanhoma Tornados, Northridge EQ, SF EQ, that was bad.. I'm a giants fan... and Katrina... what a mess.



also.. check with the Fire department Fire investigator.. I worked very closely with them in Suspected arson investigations. They maybe able to get you in a few doors.. especially with your law enforcement background.

No comments:

Post a Comment