Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In need of help with changing careers..... Any suggestions on how to get started would be appreciated?

I had training for dental assisting while in high school, and it's pretty much all I have ever done, but recently I discovered that I am so interested in a career that would be computer related, especially web design or graphic design, I am looking for a job right now and I know you do need training or even a degree to do these jobs, and I would like to get a degree online for something like that soon, but until then what kind of jobs could I find that relate to those careers? something that would train me on the job, I do have general knowledge of some web design aspects and graphic design just from doing things at home but I really just want something related to those careers for now until I can get my degree and go further, I am the kind of person that wants to get right into something and work my way up now instead of staying with a job I am not happy with in the meantime..... any advice is truly appreciated! Thanks!In need of help with changing careers..... Any suggestions on how to get started would be appreciated?
My advice is to talk to someone whose doing what you'd like to do. Find someone that has been in that field for several years and take them out to lunch/dinner.



Ask them a lot of questions so that you understand what the job is like. How did they get started? What training did they have? What do they do? How much do they make? etc.



Ideally, you'd want to talk to several people in that field to get a range of perspectives.



This is a cheap way to investigate other careers.



Scott....In need of help with changing careers..... Any suggestions on how to get started would be appreciated?
Hope these job websites can help you.

http://www.usejob.com

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com

http://www.craigslist.org

No comments:

Post a Comment