Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I want to change careers for a job with lesser pay. How do I get this job that I am over qualified for??

I am a admin assistant, I want a job at a dog day care. I love animals that is my passion. I am miserable doing office work. The job I want is considerably lesser pay but with room for advancement. I am afraid they will take one look at my resume and think %26quot; way too overqualified%26quot; and feel they don't want to invest in someone they think won't be happy with the pay and leave. How do I present to the interviewer that I really want the job. I would literally be cleaning up dog poop , starting from the bottom, I WANT to do that, I am so unhappy working in the office environment. Also I am 49 years old.I want to change careers for a job with lesser pay. How do I get this job that I am over qualified for??
Employers nowadays realize money is not everything to everyone. More and more people are leaving great paying jobs to do something that they 榣ove?to do. First, you need to make certain to speak with someone when handing in the resume; the hirers need to put a paper with a face. Second, explain your decision for seeking this job in a cover letter. Since they are obviously going to think that you are overqualified, you need to explain the reasons behind your decision. Once they realize you have a desire for the job you seek and not a desire for the money, they will seek you over other candidates. So, summing up: explain why in the cover letter.I want to change careers for a job with lesser pay. How do I get this job that I am over qualified for??
I am a career counselor and recruiter just so you know

I am also mature...

Leave your resume home and say your were a homemaker

Your seeking a job....doing dogie care...tell them that is just what you want..exactly



Good Luck..yo will do it with your enthusiam.I want to change careers for a job with lesser pay. How do I get this job that I am over qualified for??
Be honest, tell them it's your passion and that this is what you want, then don't take no for an answer and tell them you're staying till they say yes! All the best, the animals in our world need someone as passionate as you are to watch out for them. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment