Thursday, September 22, 2011

Changing careers?

How hard is it to change careers?

I'm in the programming field, but I realized I don't want to do this, I like it but I prefer to interact with people... So I'm thinking of hotels and marketing! I like both...

Advices?Changing careers?
I can't really answer how you would go about changing careers because I don't know enough about your situation (where you live, your educational background, what kind of businesses are around, whether you can move, etc.), but generally speaking I would say that if you are interested in marketing, you might want to consider seeing if there is a school nearby where you can work towards a business degree.



If you already have a bachelor's degree, see if there is a school with a part-time MBA program (assuming you are not in the financial position to go full-time for an MBA). Most MBA programs have marketing courses or specializations that may help you get into the field.



If you don't have a bachelor's degree, see if there is either a four-year college where you can get a degree in marketing or a community college where you can get an associate's degree or at least take some marketing courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment