Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm considering changing careers to truck driving. Is the pay decent?

How do you know what type of truck to get, there are so many? KW, Peterbilt, International, Volvo, Freightliner.........I%26039;m considering changing careers to truck driving. Is the pay decent?
There are too many things you need to know to put it all here, but my blog, Owner Operator 411: %26quot;How to Become an Owner Operator and Make Money in Trucking%26quot; explains income, expense, taxes, paperwork, financing, credit, operating authority, leasing, equipment, bookkeeping, licensing, permits, insurance, and taxes.



It also has an interactive cost per mile spreadsheet calculator so you can do %26quot;What If%26quot; comparisons of income and expenses.



You might want to check it out.I%26039;m considering changing careers to truck driving. Is the pay decent?
Neil,



I'm glad you found some value in my blog. If you would subscribe, you would get the latest, as I am always adding new information.



Thank you for the compliment.

Report Abuse

I%26039;m considering changing careers to truck driving. Is the pay decent?
Please, start out as a driver for a company and aquire some knowledge.

Now you will know what you will need as far as a truck goes.I%26039;m considering changing careers to truck driving. Is the pay decent?
If your going to buy your own truck and go on the road,you might want to wait awhile.Trucking industry was hit hard and you might not make payments for truck,insurance and fuel.



If your dead set on driving,check out C.R.England or one of the other big companies that will train you and get your class A for you.You would be paid by the mile and truck expenses would be on them.



i've driven KW's, Freightliners and Peterbuilts and all were nice but the Volvo from what I've been told is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment