Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do you successfully change careers with little money or time for education and family responsibilities?

I work in the field of behavioral health with children and adolescents. I love many things about my work. I love the kids I work with. I love my own children at home. All of the children, my own and those I work with, are needing and deserving of care and time. However, I feel drained and tired a lot of the time. Much of my time is spent nurturing, guiding, teaching others to live well and develop themselves. This is good. I don't want to entirely give that up. I just want balance in my life...more time to develop and care for myself, more energy to devote to my own children. Basically, I'd like to transition out of work with children. I know this is good and important work but I've done it for a long time and I really want to do something else.How do you successfully change careers with little money or time for education and family responsibilities?
Try talking to a career councilor. They will help you see what skills you have that would transition easily into another field.

No comments:

Post a Comment