Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I would like to change careers.after 10 years of being an administrative assistant. Any tips?

I have over 10 yrs of administrative experience supporting senior level executives but see no signs of moving up in my career, I have been trying to become an executive assistant to a VP or a CEO but no luck so far. I have a master's degree in English and very good at multitasking, coordination and very detail oriented. How can I use my education and experience to move up in my career OR use these skills in any other suitable job? I have even tried to apply for entry-level office manager positions but to no avail. I am really frustrated and depressed. I know I deserve to be in a much higher position but don't know why I have not been successful in getting it.I would like to change careers.after 10 years of being an administrative assistant. Any tips?
I too have over 23 years experience in administration, and like yourself am getting nowhere. I've tried applying for receptionist, office manager, data entry and assistant to the administrator, but to no avail. There are so many others out there applying for the same position that it's very frustrating when you know you are qualified for the job, even if it means stepping down a bit just for a change. I wish I could answer your question with some great insight, sorry. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your search. I just wish they would just come out and tell you what your doing wrong or whatever the real reason is that you didn't get the position, so we could change or strengthen our weakness'.

Good Luck!!I would like to change careers.after 10 years of being an administrative assistant. Any tips?
If you're friends with any of the people in a higher position than you ask them what they think. that could really help. if not ...



If you switch your jobs make sure that it is something that you will enjoy but will also play on your good points. Also make sure that you can use all of your experience from administrative in your new job

No comments:

Post a Comment