Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In change for a career change?

Really, how successful is it to change careers to do something totally opposite you are doing right now. My job is ok. Great pay, benefits, and very flexible, but I'm not as passionate as I once was. I want to go into something else, but I'll risking a look lifestyle wise, and yes my lifestyle is important to me.In change for a career change?
Why don't you try to do something outside of work to keep your passion alive?



Try a hobby, a craft or explore something you have always wanted to such as painting, water skiing, sky diving, learning Russian, or whatever strikes your fancy.



Life is short. Explore it all.In change for a career change?
Only change careers for more money, because you have peaked in your present position, or because your job is in jeopardy. You work to pay for the rest of your life. So long as you don't hate it, remember you are in it for the money.In change for a career change?
MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING!! I would rather have a great career that is emotionally filling and I can look forward to going everyday then some boring dead end high paying career that I'm completley miserable with. I know that you have to have enough money to pay bills but then you should learn to budget your money better if that's the case. Life is to short to be unhappy!In change for a career change?
Why not hang on to what you have and try something on the side until you are sure of what you really want?In change for a career change?
May I suggest that you are not really looking for a career change. It sounds like you need to renew your interest in your present job. There are lots of ways to get interested in your job. Some things to ask yourself: Do you know every aspect of what your job is? Take time to learn more details about your job everyday. Do you know how your position effects the company that you work for? Could your present position lead you to something within your company that would stir your passions? It seems like you enjoy most aspects of your job. For example, if you already have 4 out of the 5 things that you are really looking for in a career, look for ways to make the one thing better. It doesn't have to be 5 for 5. But 4.5 of 5 is still better.

No comments:

Post a Comment