Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?

The current Job I am In is very boring and I am really not happy there. How Can increase my chances of finding the right Job that is suitable? I have been working In the Administration field for 8 Years and want to change careers possibly go into the customer service field, But My experience is in the Administration area. Anyone experience changing careers? Did you find it difficult?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.How can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
Changing careers can be a difficult thing to accomplish. In many cases it can take you a step back or two in pay because you are essentially starting over. For starters in your case I would look into customer service positions that have similar qualities as your job...that way you can utilize more of your 8 years expierience.



Make sure you have an outstanding, and I mean OUTSTANDING, resume and cover letter. in most cases these are the only things that will get you in for an interview. Oh yeah and while it can be convienient for you to send your resume out by email, don't ever sit and wait for that call back from them. Investigate the company, find a phone number to that company and call them up. You may have to play detective in getting that name and number of a person to talk to, but trust me it will pay off by getting you an interview.



Dress for success. I don't care what kind of job it is, it is always important to look GREAT. Not ok, not good, but great. Have a clean suit, iron your shirt, have a nice tie, and shine them shoes. The first 15 seconds upon meeting someone is when they make most of their decisions about you. Much of that decision is based on how professional you look.



When you speak...make sure you speak loud and clear. Answer each question properly. Practice speaking with other people you know. Research the top 10 questions asked by employers and then research the answers to those questions. Proper planning for this will make you feel more comfortable in the interview which will in turn be conveyed to the employer and he will be more prone to liking you and want to give you an offer.



Finally when applying for a job make sure to put the proper amount for salary requirements. Many people seem to over look this and put way to much more than what the job is worth paying. So make sure to research the average pay for that position in your area of the country.



There are many other things to look into when going out there to hunt for jobs, but I think this gives you a great starting point to work from. Follow these steps and I am sure you will see some good success. Best of luck to you!How can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
Make sure your CV is a work of art! There are many sites on the web that will help you!! That's what I did and it is amazing what a difference it makes!How can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
I've always found that if you kiss @rse you're considered good management material.How can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
find something you;re enthusiastic about - people will buy enthusiasm over experienceHow can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
Get more qualifications improve your chances of getting a better job.How can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
In answer to your last point I went from railwayman to property negotiator in my sixties and found it refreshing and not difficult.



If you're keen on customer care stick with it. You're always best at something that interests you.



Get help writing a CV. Accentuate the positive things you have done or are good at. Don't be frightened to blow your own trumpet.



Get library books on Customer Care and study hard on the subject. Ask advice from people in that line of business. They'll help you more if you bump up their ego by commenting that you'd noticed how good they were at it and wondered what their secret was. (Some people call that bulls**t but it's stood me in good stead for a lifetime!)



Be determined and remember the saying, %26quot;Success depends on how you deal with failures.%26quot; Good luck.How can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
Hi friend.. http://tune.in/easy-onlinejobs is a really a good way of making money online being at home.There is no need to pay at front.Just basic knowledge of internet is enough.Further it is much much better than online paid surveys %26amp; data entry..Just try it out there is nothing to lose since u r not going to payHow can I maximise the chances of getting a good Job?
Make sure that you maximise the skills and training in your current job, get them to pay for training courses and make sure that you keep a list of what you have done and when. Consider speaking with your current manager and say that you are interested in more customer facing roles and see if there is anything available, even if it is just making phone calls this will give you good experience for customer services, you may also find that if you think about it you have had a number of experiences in your current role that would fit a customer services environment.



It is often not too difficult to change careers if you have teh patience to wait for the right opportunity, it took me a few years and a few job changes before I found the right position but I have found that coming from an administrative background gave me a wide range of skills to spread into other areas.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment